Our Client is currently seeking a Database Developer (SQL/SSIS/ETL)
Position: Permanent (Full-time)
Our confidential client is international and independent pharmaceutical company governed by a non-profit foundation, with headquarters in France since 1954 and offices in Laval, QC. They are committed to therapeutic progress to serve patient needs with the help of healthcare professionals. With a strong international presence in 149 countries and a turnover of 4.2 billion euros in 2018, employing 22,000 people worldwide. Totally independent, the Group reinvests 25% of its turnover (principal activity) in Research and Development and uses all its profits for the benefit of its development. The group's growth is based on the constant search for innovation in five areas of excellence: cardiovascular, immuno-inflammatory and neuropsychiatric diseases, cancers and diabetes, as well as activity in quality generic drugs. They also offer e-health solutions that go beyond drug development.
• Involved in Database design Development, Data Modeling, Database Creation, Normalization, Troubleshooting, Performance Tuning and Monitoring.
• Involved in creating tables, User-Defined functions, Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views and Indexes etc.
• Writing SQL statements using joins, sub queries, correlated sub queries, Dynamic SQL, CTE, Table Variables, UDF's etc .
• Validating and Looping through various file sources and loading dynamically into the database using SSIS tasks like Script Task, For Each Loop Container, ForLoop Container, Bulk Insert Task, Execute SqlTask, File System task and various Data Flow Tasks.
• Optimized the performance of queries with modification of T-SQL queries, normalized tables, established joins and created indexes wherever necessary.
• Writing Nesting Stored procedures to retrieve the data and convert into Excel Spreadsheet, CSV and PGP files by calling the DTS/SSIS packages
• Extensively used various SSIS control flow tasks like Loop Containers, Execute SQL Task, Script Task, FTP, Web service task, Bulk insert task, Transfer job task, etc. and different data flow tasks like Conditional split, Derived Column, Fuzzy lookup, merge join , Multicast, Union all, data conversion, Multicast etc.
• Created SSIS Incremental Load packages to load the data on daily basis from various sources. OLEDB, Flat File, and Excel Sources
• Involved in creating various SSRS reports like Drill Down, Matrix, Parameterized, Table, Linked, Sub reports and Ad-Hoc Reports etc.
• Created stored procedures/SSIS packages to audit the log information of jobs scheduled on the SQL server agent.
• Responsible for Deploying the SSIS packages and scheduling the package through Jobs in all Tiers including Dev and Production.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering and/or relevant experience;
• 5 years or more experience in developing Database Schemas / Stored Procedures / Data Dictionary;
• 5 years or more experience and knowledge in designing and developing data visualization strategies;
• Experience and advanced knowledge of Kimball Methodology for Data Warehousing;
• Data management and data processing solutions using SSIS, this includes Error Handling and Slowly Changing Dimensions;
• Demonstrated experience in utilizing design tools, development tools, code management, regression testing and performance tuning;
• Experience in creating ad hoc reports
• Experienced in Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store ODS , OLAP, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensions Tables using MS Analysis Services.
• Involved in Analyzing, designing, building , testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS 2005 and in adding calculations using MDX.
• Experience in using XMLA protocol for SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 for interaction between client application and instance of Analysis Services.
• Extensive Knowledge in SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
• Must know the following environments: Windows 10, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server 2012/2014, SSIS, SSRS, MS Excel, Visual Studio, C, Power BI, Microsoft Azure etc.
• Fluent spoken and written French and English.
Other Requirements (Asset)
• Experience with Salesforce.com