Our confidential client is in the top 100 in the global aerospace value chain and specializes in the design and manufacture of high-tech metal components to enhance aircraft safety and performance. Active since 1950 in the fastener market (no. 3 worldwide), They have been a recognized player in metal components for aircraft engines and airframes since 2011.
Their products feature in a majority of the world’s aircraft and at every stage in their life cycles. Serving more than 300 customers in 30 countries, our teams excel through their capacity to innovate and ensure exceptional operational performance.
Reporting to the IT VP for North America based in Dorval, the IT Infrastructure Manager is responsible to manage all IT infrastructure aspects, such IT security, servers and telecom, for all (4) North American sites (3 in USA, 1 in Canada).
- Work closely with North American IT management team and IT corporate team in France to lay down the infrastructure vision and be a central part in its implementation and maintenance.
- Manage and participate in all projects related to IT infrastructure.
- Responsible for the performance and availability of all IT infrastructure components.
- Manage and support on premise servers, physical and virtual, as well as our cloud environment in AWS.
- Manage and support all telecommunications aspects, such as local network, MPLS and Internet connection.
- Implement and maintain a unified solution for server and data backup.
- Build and maintain an IT disaster recovery plan.
- Apply automation to any tasks or parts of the system that would benefit from it or are performed manually.
- Troubleshoot complicated infrastructure issues and handle live production incidents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or any other related area, or a combination of pertinent experience.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar environment with previous experience as an IT management position or senior system administrator.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem solve and organize work.
- Extensive experience supporting a hybrid, on premise/Cloud, server environment – experience with AWS is an asset.
- Be available in case of emergency during work hours of pacific standard time.
- Strong knowledge of virtualized infrastructures (VMware and Hyper-V).
- Experience in implementing/managing backup solutions - experience with VEEAM is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Windows OS.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate and transmit information effectively at all levels, in English and in French.
- Must be approachable and composed under pressure.