Our client is a leader in the food-service equipment manufacturing industry. This privately-owned organization has long been established and has been consistently growing and profitable. The organization’s principles: communicate actively; voice and seek to resolve concerns; work cooperatively and respectfully and strive for improvements continuously.
Our client provides solutions to the supermarket and warehouse club industry, and is the exclusive supplier of rotisseries and heated display cases to over 90% of the warehouse clubs in the USA. The Company is actively customer-driven as indicated by its mission to provide “Responsive, Reliable Solutions”.
The Project Leader reporting to the Project Leader Supervisor. The Project Leader conducts the technical and project management portions of a product's life cycle including development, evolution and support all internal departments. The Project Leader is a member of the Technical Group and will perform technical and management duties as assigned.
What we need your help with:
• Maintain current understanding of the product and provide technical support to all internal departments;
• Manage engineering changes to assigned products;
• Participate in Quality and Continuous Improvement Reviews, support initiatives and actions as required;
• Direct, manage and support other resources assigned to all tasks related to the product development or continuous improvement projects;
• Plan, maintain and communicate project timelines and changes;
• Contribute to technical design, development and improvements to all products within the Organization;
• Review and approve mechanical drawings and electrical schematics related to the project;
• Perform and document testing activities to support product development and continuous improvement projects;
• Participate in assembling prototype and/or installing parts on existing equipment (mechanic, electric and/or electronic).
What we are looking for:
• Holds a Bachelor of Engineering or College technical diploma (Mechanical or Electrical field);
• 3+ years of engineering project management experience leading a project team; more specifically in product development and continuous improvement projects;
• 3+ years of manufacturing, mechanical or electrical engineering experience;
• Demonstrates an understanding of electrical and mechanical systems; (candidate is expected to familiarize themselves with the system and troubleshoot with minimal guidance);
• Must demonstrate leadership, planning, result-oriented, and energetic;
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) & MS Project;
• Has exceptional communication abilities and well-developed professional verbal and written skills in French and English;
• Must have a valid passport for travel in North America and meet any travel requirements.
• Possess technical software knowledge (CAD – Computer Aided Design or CAE - Computer Aided Engineering, such as stress analysis or deformation analysis on a given part or assembly);
• Knowledge of certification standards and processes such as UL (Underwriters Laboratory), CSA (Canadian Standards Association), NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) would be an asset;
• Knowledge of programming skills;
• Knowledge of Spanish language.
• Office and workshop environment
• Regular hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Monday – Friday);
• Possibility of occasional short-term travel within North America
• Covid-19 restrictions: possibility of working from home when fully trained.