Our client is a leader in the food-service equipment manufacturing industry. This privately-owned organization has long been established and has been consistently growing and profitable. The organization’s principles: communicate actively; voice and seek to resolve concerns; work cooperatively and respectfully and strive for improvements continuously.
Our client provides solutions to the supermarket and warehouse club industry, and is the exclusive supplier of rotisseries and heated display cases to over 90% of the warehouse clubs in the USA. The Company is actively customer-driven as indicated by its mission to provide “Responsive, Reliable Solutions”.
The Trainer is a member of the Sales and Marketing Group, reporting to the Sales Supervisor. The Trainer is responsible delivering operational, maintenance and customer specific training to our national chains in the supermarket and wholesale club segments and to ensure their staff and programs are highly successful.
What we need your help with:
• Perform on-site hands-on training with our customers’ staff which are national chains in the supermarket and wholesale club segments related to commercial cooking equipment;
• Actively work with our customers on actual hands-on food preparation procedures;
• Travel to customer sites – on average 10 to 20 days per month (will include some weekends and Canadian holidays);
• Perform inspections/calibrations on our equipment out in the field;
• Perform regional training sessions, when required, to inform non-users of the equipment's critical information;
• Preparation of trip and expense reports;
• Assist with gathering customer information by performing ghost visits as required;
• Helping with tests in our laboratory as required.
What we are looking for:
• Holds a High School Diploma;
• Has 1-2 years’ training or public speaking experience (an internal technical training will also be provided on our products);
• Is technically inclined, is able to work hands-on with equipment, either in the office or at customer sites;
• Is punctual, autonomous, organized, active listener, respectful, professional, calm, well-spoken, and outgoing;
• Has a valid drivers' license and year-round access to a vehicle to be able to drive to the airport 10 to 20 days per month;
• Has exceptional communication abilities and well-developed professional verbal and written skills in French and English;
• Must have a valid passport for travel in North America and meet any travel regulation requirements.
• 2 years of food industry service and/or restaurant experience;
• Knowledge of Spanish language.
• This position comprises of overnight travel (which will include some weekends and Canadian holidays), mainly to the USA.
• This position requires stamina related to frequent business travel and physical work (standing, bending, reaching, some lifting; less than 30 kg) when at customers sites.
• The candidate may be required to come in the office for team meetings or special requests
• Covid-19 restrictions: possibility of working from home when fully trained.